For Principals and Supervisors: This session demonstrates how an Employee Code of Conduct inspires school leaders to modify employee behavior.
For HR Directors: This session details: (1) the framework for such a code; (2) the procedures that need to be included for principals and supervisors; and (3) how to implement such a code.
For Superintendents: This session explores criteria for implementing such a code using state law, board policies, and master agreements.
• Introduction to Session 1
• Considerations for Structuring an Employee Code
• Lack of Professional Competence as Grounds for Employee Discipline
• Differentiating Board Policy Violations from Other forms of Employee Misconduct
• Dishonesty, Records Falsification or Failure to Accurately Provide Requested Information
• Insubordination and Related Non-Compliance
• Attendance, Leave or Contract Day Policy Violations
• Introduction to Session 2
• Examples of Employee Misconduct with Potential Criminal Consequences
• Examples of Employee Misconduct with Potential Civil Consequences
• Addressing Potential Gaps in the Code of Employee Conduct
• The Role of Federal and State Statutes in the Employee Code
• The Role of Negotiated Agreements in the Employee Code
• Workshop Experience Survey
Click here for the flyer!
Click Here to complete our application.
Click Here to login to our Association Management Platform (AMP) to register for events.
Click Here to complete our Event Interest form
Looking for a recap of past events? Check out our past events archive.
You have come to the right place for what you need to know about available jobs, our fantastic local employers, and our great community!