Job Opportunities > Assistant Coordinator of Transportation – Dublin City Schools
Assistant Coordinator of Transportation – Dublin City Schools
- Through the use of computerized automated routing, prepares and up-dates bus routes for all public and non-public schools in the district, including routes for special education schools outside of the district where applicable.
- Develops special trip schedules and assigns drivers on an equitable, rotation basis based upon the Negotiated Agreement.
- Manages the computerized transportation system (Ecotran), keeping the system up-dated regularly, including all back-up procedures.
- Manages the computerized fueling system.
- Approves time sheets of transportation personnel and supervises the transportation secretary in the calculation of bi-monthly payroll deviation sheets.
- Assists the Coordinator of Transportation in the development and administration of the transportation program.
- Assists the Coordinator of Transportation in the recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of all transportation personnel.
- Assists the Coordinator of Transportation in working with bus drivers and principals to solve disciplinary problems occurring on school buses.
- Assists the Coordinator of Transportation in the calling and assigning of substitute drivers.
- Assists the Coordinator of Transportation in informing all drivers of state and federal laws and regulations regarding school transportation.
- Assists the Coordinator of Transportation in the supervision of the district’s drug and alcohol testing program to meet the standards of the Omnibus Transportation Employees Testing Act of 1991.
- Assists in the preparation of all required state and federal reports.
- Conforms with all state and federal laws and regulations regarding school transportation.
- Assists in advising Coordinator of Transportation on road conditions during inclement weather.
- Ensures the safety of students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative professional relationships.
- Exhibits professional behavior, emotional stability, and sound judgement.
- Maintains confidentiality and respet for confidential information at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
- An Associate Degree in management and/or computer operations is preferred, but a high school education or training and experience in school transportation will be considered equivalent.
- Three years of successful experience in transportation routing and office procedures.
- Good human relation skills with the ability to work well with administrators, bus drivers, mechanics and parents.
- Knowledge of computer transportation software and automated computerized routing.
- Ability to be a self starter and work with minimum supervision.
- A professional appearance and demeanor.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Wage or Salary:
Approximate Work Hours or Days: Full-time – 40+ hours/week
How to Apply:
Submit application to Dublin City Schools at:
Posting End Date: 2021-10-01