Job Opportunities > Assistant Superintendent – Jonathan Alder Local Schools
Assistant Superintendent – Jonathan Alder Local Schools
instructional program improvements based on evaluated data and research-based best practices.
- Adheres to the Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators.
- Articulates a clear educational philosophy and sustainable program implementation strategy.
- Displays visionary and resolute leadership skills in developing/managing people.
- Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts personal responsibility for decisions/conduct.
- Exhibits effective time management and resourceful problem-solving skills.
- Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
- Meets mandated health screening requirements following a conditional offer of employment.
- Skills using technology equipment/systems deemed appropriate at the time of appointment.
- Directs the effective delivery/advancement of educational programs consistent with the
Functions: district’s mission and mandated requirements. Provides leadership for the continuous improvement of student performance.
- Participates as an active member of the administrative team.
- Develops/implements a work plan. Ensures all tasks are completed within required time-frames.
- Monitors/facilitates compliance with all pertinent local, state and federal laws.
- Serves as an adviser to the superintendent. Attends/makes board meeting presentations.
- Contributes to the development of a comprehensive district-wide strategic plan.
- Keeps current with state standards/guidelines and school improvement priorities (e.g., curriculum alignment, effective school management, evaluation-driven continuous improvement efforts, evidence-based teaching/learning strategies, positive school environments, etc.).
- Implements organizational practices that encourage employee commitment to change initiatives.
- Assists with the recruitment, selection, placement and orientation/training of assigned staff.
- Actively supervises district staff. Establishes appropriate levels of employee autonomy. Helps staff understand/participate in collective goal and shared decision-making processes. Assumes responsibility for the results of duties delegated to staff.
- Provides all students full access to educational opportunities. Evaluates curriculum for all K-12 courses. Directs the development of a unified curricular vision for the district.
- Provides administrative direction for building leadership and curriculum development committees.
- Works with administrators and teachers to implement grade level curriculum aligned with state content standards.
- Helps staff develop procedures to gauge student progress toward achievement benchmarks.
- Organizes curriculum for library/media services, gifted/talented, ESL and summer school intervention programs.
- Works with the technology director to facilitate assessment, adoption and integration of media/technology in all areas of the curriculum.
- Recommends course additions and revisions to the Board of Education.
- Identifies/secures consultants and other resources necessary to attain individualized objectives that align with district and building goals.
- Oversees student testing programs. Maintains test security. Establishes standardized procedures to ensure the accurate/timely recording and preservation of test data. Analyzes test results.
- Uses longitudinal analysis of test results to identify ongoing/emerging student needs, relationships between interventions/achievements and time forecasts for students to master expected skills.
- Identifies opportunities/methods for staff to share objective data with parents and the community.
- Resolves problems that impede student learning. Helps staff use timely tangible assessment data to identify teaching techniques, interventions and aligned resources best suited for each student.
- Participates in collaborative planning of staff development/in-service training activities.
- Serves as the chair for the local professional development committee.
- Manages the board-approved budget for assigned responsibilities and maintains fiscal responsibility in assisting the superintendent with budget development in areas of curriculum and instructional materials.
- Aligns annual budget/appropriation measure recommendations with district goals.
- Explores alternative funding and ways to strengthen/expand the use of community resources.
- Works with EMIS coordinator to assure that all teachers are properly licensed and highly qualified as needed.
- Exemplifies professionalism and fosters goodwill to enhance the district’s public image.
- Cultivates relationships that promote a strong commitment of public support for the district.
- Develops mutually respectful relationships with co-workers. Functions as part of a cohesive team.
- Helps students understand/embrace ethical conduct and democratic values.
- Implements drug-free workplace rules, board policies and administrative guidelines/procedures.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Wears work attire appropriate for the position.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record and is punctual.
- Provides leadership for the continuous advancement of academic standards.
- Respects privacy and maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Strives to develop rapport and serve as a positive role model for others.
- Sustains an effective and positive work/learning environment. Performs all assigned duties.
- Maintains open/effective communications. Serves as an information resource.
- Communicates district objectives/performance goals to key stakeholders.
- Coordinates/chairs meetings, standing committees, conferences, special projects, etc.
- Prepares/maintains accurate records. Submits required paperwork on time.
- Provides prompt notification of personal delays or absences.
- Uses active listening/problem-solving techniques to resolve concerns tactfully.
- Uses diplomacy/self-control when dealing with other individuals. Respects diversity.
- Works with staff to ensure shared resources are used effectively.
- Pursues opportunities to enhance professional performance.
- Keeps current with emerging professional standards associated with work assignments.
- Updates skills as needed to use available task-appropriate technology effectively.
- Works toward mastery of individualized development/performance goals as directed.
- Takes precautions to ensure safety. Initiates action to manage/eliminate risks.
- Helps update/implement the district’s emergency preparedness/crisis response plan.
- Maintains high standards for appropriate conduct. Recognizes and responds to prevent aggressive behavior or harassment. Complies with district procedures and state law when dealing with discrimination and suspected child abuse/neglect.
- Serves as a contact person for emergency services (e.g., fire, medical, police, etc.).
- Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
- Assists with unexpected/urgent situations as needed.
- Implements workplace initiatives that advance district goals.
Working Safety is essential to job performance. Employees must exercise caution and comply with
Conditions: standard safety regulations and district procedures when involved in the following situations:
- Balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, reaching, or standing.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes.
- Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases.
- Interacting with aggressive, disruptive and/or unruly individuals.
- Lifting, carrying and moving work-related supplies/equipment.
- Operating and/or riding in a vehicle.
- Traveling to meetings and work assignments.
Performance Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted
Evaluation: by the Jonathan Alder Local School District to include one cumulative, written evaluation per year by the Jonathan Alder Superintendent. An annual goal setting session and mid-year progress meeting will also be held to assist in the year end evaluation.
The Jonathan Alder Local School District is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies primary responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, program/curriculum changes and unforeseen events.
This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the incumbent. The incumbent will be required to follow the instructions and perform the duties required by the incumbent’s supervisor/appointing authority.
Wage or Salary: NEGOTIABLE
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 250
How to Apply:
Posting End Date: 2023-03-31