Job Opportunities > Business Manager – Holy Family Parish
Business Manager – Holy Family Parish
8471 Waterside Dr.
Sagamore Hills, Ohio 44067 216-225-2787
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
Holy Family Parish
Holy Family Parish is accepting applications for the position of Business Manager through the search firm, Finding Leaders at www.findingleaders.com.
POSITION: Business Manager
PARISH: Position: Business Manager
Parish: Established 1872
Registered Families: 2140
40 Active Ministries
Holy Family School: Established 1950 (231 Students K-8)
Holy Family Childcare & Preschool Center: Established 1996(Infant-Preschool)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 18, 2024
QUALIFICATIONS: Practicing Catholic
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
5 years of progressively responsible business and supervisory experience
Ability to create budgets and financial reports
Must be proficient in computer spreadsheets and other applications
The Parish Business Manager is an administrator supporting the Pastor’s administrative responsibilities to the parish, which includes the church, school, child care center and all associated ministries. The Parish Business Manager is a steward of the financial, physical and human resources of the parish and has fiduciary responsibility for these areas. In collaboration with the Parish Pastoral Council, Parish Finance Council and the School Administration,4 the Parish Business Manager ensures the parish business practices align with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the parish.
CONTACTS: Ed Vittardi at 216-701-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org For more information and to apply go to: www.findingleaders.com
Requirements/Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, with at least five years’ experience. Managerial/supervisory experience required. A demonstrated competence in technology software and communications, all Microsoft Office products. Experience with Paycor Payroll System and Parish Data System is helpful, but not required. This is a salaried, exempt position, 40 hours per week.
- Oversee the accurate and timely preparation of financial information for the Parish, School and Child care center.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements for management/Finance Council reporting. Attend and present at monthly meetings and/or as needed.
- Prepare Diocesan financial reporting on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Review and approve all accounts payable for payment processing. Maintain vendor files including 1099 and Certificate of Insurance as needed.
- Deposit and record all parish, school and child care payments including ACH and credit card transactions, Our Sunday Visitor (for offertory), and Ed Choice payments received for school.
- Prepare /review all general ledger account reconciliations including monthly bank reconciliations. Prepare and post all journal entries and accruals.
- Maintain records for all parish affiliated accounts (various parish organizations), review affiliate financial information on at a minimum, quarterly basis.
- Prepare reconciliation of Gift Certificate program including inventory.
- Maintain and reconcile restricted funds, including any capital campaign or fundraising activity.
- Ensure the application of generally accepted accounting principles and follow guidelines established by the Diocese Finance office.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll using Paycor.
- Maintain personnel files, handle Human Resource and employee benefits administration.
- Maintain the accounting system using Parish Data Systems: PDS Ledger, PDS School (for Childcare Center) and Digital Academy (School).
- Prepare and file annual 1099, 1096 and W-2 G forms.
- Prepare quarterly Mandated Services report (school).
- Supervise office staff, monitor internal controls and ensure proper segregation of duties.
- Collaborate with fundraising chairpersons to oversee any fundraising activities. Apply for any permits, secure contracts, as needed. For Parish Festival, set up and manage the cash room for each day of the event.
- Participate in regular staff, finance council, facilities committee, school board committee meetings and other meetings or committees that are pertinent to the financial operation of the Parish.
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues or with Parish’s technology consultant.
- Liaison to Diocesan financial offices including employee benefits, personnel, legal, facilities, property and casualty insurance.
- Parish Administrator of the VIRTUS program. Responsible for maintaining required documents for employees and volunteers in accordance with guidelines established by the Diocesan office. (with assistance from Parish Secretary)
- Work with Pastor and Director of Maintenance to prioritize and secure estimates for repairs, renovations and capital projects. Work with Diocese Facilities office and Legal for the approval and contract preparation, if needed.