Job Opportunities > Business Manager – OSPA
Business Manager – OSPA
OSPA Business Manager Job Description
- Minimum of 3 years experience in non profit association management, or a related field;
- Effectively communicate with members , officers , and the executive board;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to effectively self-initiate and self-manage a variety of competing tasks;
- Strong technology skills to conduct business;
- Ability to analyze and assist the treasurer regarding association fiscal decisions and goals
- Conference or event planning experience
- Prior experience working in small non-profit related associations
- Experience with Zoom, Quickbooks, Excel and Access programs
- Experience with membership recruitment/retention
- Web article editing and creation
Position Description for Business Manager:
Pages 20-21 of the OSPA Operations Manual provide additional information with regard to the Business Manager job description. The OSPA Operations Manual can be found here: https://www.ospaonline.org/images/association/OSPA_Operations_Manual_-_Revised_Dec._7_2020.pdf
- Maintain an accurate database pertaining to membership.
- Manage Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) program – record continuing education information for registrants, keep files on current OSPA-MCE providers, collect fees due and send timely updates to MCE registrants;
- Keep track of membership dues and invoices dues payment. Make bank deposits.
- Write checks for all bills twice each month and send corresponding reports to the Treasurer.
- Process payroll and pay monthly taxes for city, state and 941 taxes.
- Complete and send quarterly 941 forms.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Communicate with CPA and provide them with information required.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining office machines and making repair calls when needed.
- Works closely with conference chairs and conference hotel on registration and event planning.
- Responsible for on-site conference registration and event management.
- After the conference, record MCE information and tally evaluation forms.
- Report evaluation information to conference chairs.
- Coordinate ordering of Public Relations items and sale of the same with PR chairs.
- Attend and arrange all Executive Board, Annual Business, and Fiscal Advisory meetings.
- Assist Nominations and elections Committee in preparing and emailing ballots of Executive Board Offices and regional affiliates
- Assist Membership committee in membership recruitment and retention efforts.
- Update website articles, manage association social media accounts.
- Provide requested assistance to committee chairpersons and Executive Director.
- Act as the primary point of contact for membership and members of the public via phone and email.
The Ohio School Psychologists Association (OSPA) is a non-profit, state-wide organization, with an office based in Columbus, OH. Established in 1943, its membership includes school psychologists who are employed across the state in public and private schools and agencies, as well as faculty and students in graduate training programs. The mission of the Association is to serve the citizens of Ohio by working collaboratively with all learners, families, educators, and others to address the learning and mental health needs of children and youth.
Salary range: $25-30 per hour for 20 hours per week, with flexible work schedule options, generous vacation and paid holidays. We are a small sized association and therefore do not offer health benefits.
Anticipated hiring date: February 1, 2022
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a letter along with a resume to:
OSPA Business Manager Search Committee Chair
7467 E. Oralee Lane, Hudson, OH 44236
(Submission of digital documents via email is preferred)