Job Opportunities > Chief Executive Officer – Cleveland Metropolitan Schools
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) reports directly to the nine-member Board of Education, appointed by and working in collaboration with the Mayor of the City of Cleveland. Your charge will be to foster a culture that partners with scholars and their families, staff, and community members to reach shared goals. Our new CEO will bring the innovative vision, authentic engagement, and leadership experience necessary to build on our successes to date, while recognizing and embracing the challenges and opportunities we will encounter in the years to come.
– Successful experience working in diverse economic, multicultural, and multilingual communities and environments. Proven cultural-competence skills with a history of inclusive and relevant equity practices.
– Demonstrated track record of success with improving student and/or organizational outcomes and data-driven decision making ideally in an urban public school district setting.
– Demonstrated previous success fostering functional and productive relationships with union leadership or employee associations.
– Advanced knowledge of public school policy and law, procedures and management. Thorough understanding of national, state and local educational goals and standards required to advance high quality, accessible, equitable public education.
– A demonstrable commitment to the importance of public education and advocacy for all scholars, especially scholars of color living in highly impacted environments.
– 7 years of senior leadership experience at progressive levels of responsibility with evidence of successful development and organizational outcomes.
– Experience working in conjunction with a board to identify priorities, establish goals, monitor progress, and produce outcomes in service to stakeholders.
– A growth mindset and belief that continuous improvement happens through purposeful, relevant, differentiated learning experiences that set all scholars up for success.
– Ability to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity in times of tremendous change, and to prioritize work efforts to achieve overall strategy as defined in collaboration with the Board of Education and Mayor.
Wage or Salary: Salary range for this integral leadership position is $245,000 to $300,000 and commensurate with prior experience.
Approximate Work Hours or Days: Full-time
How to Apply:
Alma Advisory Group is honored to support CMSD in this search. For the full job description and to apply, please visit https://apply.workable.com/almaadvisorygroup/j/86CD0111EB/
Posting End Date: 2023-03-31
You have come to the right place for what you need to know about available jobs, our fantastic local employers, and our great community!