Job Opportunities > Coordinator of Fiscal Services – North Ridgeville City Schools
Coordinator of Fiscal Services – North Ridgeville City Schools
The Coordinator of Fiscal Services is responsible for helping the Treasurer/CFO in managing, developing, delivering, and advancing the entire financial operations of the school district, including state and federal reporting, and supervising all department staff in the daily functions of the office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of work experience in governmental accounting/auditing and automated data processing systems is required.
- Supervisory experience to effectively manage the daily operations and administration of assigned functions.
- Ability to establish working relationships with co-workers and function as part of a cohesive team with a strong customer service focus.
- Commitment to keep current with work skills essential to the objectives of the position.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and recognize/correct errors independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Computer skills necessary to effectively manage and operate the financial accounting systems and applications, including Microsoft Office software and Google Suite.
- Analytical ability and mathematical aptitude necessary to perform a variety of accounting and payroll tasks, and resolve discrepancies as necessary.
- Ability to provide guidance, training, and reviews the work of department staff.
- Mental ability to handle pressure related to meeting deadlines and working on tasks requiring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and local funding issues as well as interpreting and implementing Ohio laws pertaining to public schools.
- Ability to implement innovative and creative solutions.
- Commitment to maintaining high standards and increasing accountability and efficiency at all levels.
- Ability to prepare and work independently in preparation of special project reports as requested by the Treasurer/CFO.
- Experience in effective management of banking relations and investments.
- Expertise in developing and communicating office procedures and establishing internal control procedures.
- Possess knowledge of and ability to supervise fiscal responsibilities associated with state and federal grants.
- Uses independent judgment to manage job responsibilities.
- Assembles data for analysis and forecasting. Verifies the accuracy of data for proper interpretation.
- Facilitates collaborative work with auditors and serves as the point person during annual audits.
- Cross-trains with payroll and other office staff, filling in as needed.
- Monitors cash flow and transfers cash between bank accounts as needed.
- Manages the compliance of local, state, and federal grant funds, including monthly project cash requests and annual reports.
- Assists the Treasurer/CFO in the preparation and oversight of the annual appropriations and estimated resources.
- Manages the compliance of all district accounts within the accounting system.
- Assists the Treasurer/CFO in providing financial assistance to school district buildings and departments,
- Participates in and supervises the preparation of various monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Supervises the performance of Treasurer’s Office functions, including staff and workflows.
- Makes recommendations to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, or discipline employees under his/her supervision, to responsibly direct them, or to adjust their grievances.
- Participates in and supervises the preparation of monthly/yearly closing. procedures and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate accounting records and files.
- Authorizes purchase orders for payment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Conducts research necessary to resolve discrepancies.
- Participates in policy and procedure development, modification and implementation.
- Interprets rules, regulations, policies, plan documents and labor contracts.
- Formulates and directs the implementation of board policies and administrative guidelines involving financial operations of the school district.
- Assists with negotiations salary cost research, analysis and projections.
- Trains and advises staff on policies/procedures and computer enhancements as needed.
- Maintains open line of communication with buildings and departments to resolve issues and exchange information.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Treasurer/CFO.
Wage or Salary: $71,750 – $105,400
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 40 hours per week, 260-day contract
How to Apply:
Posting End Date: 2021-05-07