Job Opportunities > Director of Communications & Community Engagement – Whitehall City Schools
Director of Communications & Community Engagement – Whitehall City Schools
- Develop innovative communication strategies to promote the goals of the district to internal and external constituents.
- Serve as information liaison between the District and the community.
- Serves as contact for internal and external communications.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive district communication plan.
- Develop and produce innovative written and electronic communications for all audiences to include web content, email, newsletters, video and brochures.
- Coordinate, manage, and update the district webpage in conjunction with the technology personnel.
- Assist in the development of presentations to community groups and organizations.
- Cooperate with building principals to schedule weekly visits to each school and provide support in the building level communications and promotions.
- Respond to records requests, media requests for information by researching, verifying and editing all releases of information.
- Plan and promote events to recognize staff accomplishments, eg. awards, honors, retirements and milestones.
- Work with the treasurer and superintendent to develop and maintain the communication and marketing budget.
- Maintain respect at all times for confidential information.
- Develop positive relationships with members of the media and serve as the communications liaison in the event of an emergency.
- Serve as the spokesperson for the district when directed to by the superintendent.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan directed at making creative uses of our facilities in ways that are self-sufficient and serve the citizens’ interest.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan promoting our schools with the goal of making the Whitehall City Schools the school of choice for all our residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the superintendent of schools or designee.
ADDITIONAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
∙ Frequent evening and/or weekend work
∙ Excellent observation and communication skills
∙ May perform strenuous tasks, such as lifting, when working with students.
∙ Assisting students with behavioral/management needs
∙ Occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, management or marketing
- Work experience in marketing or communications, a minimum of 3 years preferred
- Skills with print, digital communications, videography, and graphic design
- Experience with event planning
- Technical skills to keep the webpage and social media current and relevant
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Wage or Salary: $59,922.00 to $95,688.00 Approximate Work Hours or Days: 40
How to Apply:
Posting End Date: 2022-08-01