Job Opportunities > Director of Facilities & Maintenance – Lakewood Local Schools
Director of Facilities & Maintenance – Lakewood Local Schools
- Supervise/perform all needed carpentry, electrical installations/repairs, masonry projects, plumbing repairs, HVAC repairs and all general building repairs and upgrades as needed.
- Compile estimates for all jobs deemed necessary to contract for and award appropriate bids with the assistance of the Treasurer. Requisitions materials and services. Manages budget judiciously.
- Responsible for documentation of continuous examination of district owned facilities for the purpose of preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance and general upkeep.
- Responsible for preparation/maintenance of all inspection logs and routine maintenance for roofs, fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, fire hydrants, bleachers, back flow preventers as well as any life safety equipment required for the daily operation of the district.
- Serve as the district Safety Director and accompany any and all inspections taking place within the district in regards to the general maintenance and operation of the district.
- Responsible for the overall appearance of all facilities operated by the district.
- Oversee/supervise the custodial staff and train for a high standard of safety and good housekeeping methods in all facilities operated by the district.
- Pursues quality work results. Checks completed tasks to ensure compliance with district specifications.
- Prioritizes tasks and completes assignments within required timeframes.
- Enforces board policies and administrative guidelines/procedures.
- Manages accurate data collection and timely processing of paperwork.
- Responsible for the scheduling and progress of all summer jobs related to the maintenance/operation of all district facilities.
- Oversees snow removal operations.
- Assists with special event preparation and clean-up activities as directed.
- Manages construction and renovation projects. Monitors outside vendor performance.
- Responsible for the addressing of all issues found during any inspection performed by the County Health Department or any other agency of the State or Federal Government.
- Responsible for any approval of overtime assigned to the custodial or maintenance department.
- Responsible for approving all maintenance and custodial employee time, time schedules and any other procedure required by the Treasurer’s Office.
- Responsible for the evaluation of all custodial and maintenance staff with direct input from each building administrator. Assumes responsibility for the results of delegated duties.
- Responsible for all OSHAA policies and the training of district custodial/maintenance staff as to required OSHAA safety standards and procedures.
- Responsible for assigning any subs needed for the custodial/maintenance staff.
- Keeps current with professional standards associated with work duties and trains staff in standards as needed.
- Monitors and facilitates department compliance with all pertinent local, state and federal laws.
- Coordinates department meetings and in-service training activities, including orientation of staff.
- Cultivates community relationships that promote strong public support for the district.
- Any other reasonable and related duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
- A high school education is required. Post-secondary degree preferred.
- State certification in building operations (BOC).
- Training and experience in an area related to facilities management and/or the maintenance service industry.
- Ability to manage compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Available to work a non-traditional schedule and irregular hours when required.
- Displays flexibility, reliability, self-discipline and a willingness to take on challenging tasks.
- Effective communication, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Knowledge of operating the automated systems related to this department.
- A low-pressure boiler license preferred but not required.
- A demonstrated knowledge of basic carpentry, plumbing, electricity, and HVAC systems.
- A demonstrated knowledge of computer usage.
- Valid driver’s license and qualified to be covered by the district insurance carrier.
- Duties require lifting/moving materials weighing up to fifty pounds, operating power equipment, using hand tools and working from ladders, scaffolds or mechanical lifts.
Wage or Salary: As per Administrative/Supervisory salary schedule Approximate Work Hours or Days: 8
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of interest with a current resume and professional references to Dr. Mark Gleichauf, Superintendent, at the Lakewood Local School District Offices, 525 East Main Street, P.O. Box 70, Hebron, OH 43025 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 pm on September 30, 2022.
Posting End Date: 2022-09-30