Job Opportunities > Director of Safety and Operations – Dover City Schools
Degree in Educational Administration or Business Management is preferred.
Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Candidate should hold or be qualified to obtain Ohio Pupil Transportation Certification.
This is a 12-month (260 day) contract.
Skills and/or Job Responsibilities
• Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate proficient computer skills including industry software applications such as transportation software and facility management software
• Prioritize work assignments in organized systems to maximize efficiency within the district’s daily operations
• Develop and implement long-term strategic plans for district facilities
• Develop annual budgets that reflect the long-term needs of the organization
• Partner with school leaders in grant writing for capital improvement projects
• Execute management skills to supervise employees in maintenance, custodial, and transportation departments
• Collaborate with transportation staff to build bus routes for daily operations and special events
• Work with building principals to resolve transportation issues with students and parents
• Conduct employee evaluations
• Collaborate and partner with local safety agencies in implementations of district’s safety plans
• Ensure compliance with ODH and ODE safety requirements including but not limited to the District Threat Assessment Team
• Collaborate with City officials to implement the Safe Routes to Schools program
• Write, revise, and monitor district safety plans/software including all required drills and report submissions
• Develop and monitor safety and wellness programs for the district
Wage or Salary:
Approximate Work Hours or Days: Monday-Friday
How to Apply:
Send letter of interest and resume to:
Carla Birney, Superintendent
Dover City Schools
219 West Sixth Street
Dover, OH 44622
Posting End Date: 2021-03-08
You have come to the right place for what you need to know about available jobs, our fantastic local employers, and our great community!