Job Opportunities > Director of Special Services – Athens City Schools
* Demonstrate subject matter in competence and
* Demonstrate competence in evaluating and
* Expertise and skill in working with special needs
* Plan, implement, supervise and evaluate the
district’s special education program and related
* Direct and evaluate all certificated and classified
staff assigned to special education programs
according to the district policies and
* Directly oversee the Preschool program,
licensing, Step Up to Quality, IDEA.
* Work in collaboration with the Treasurer on
* Provide leadership in development of special
education program issues.
* Directly accountable to the Superintendent for
the effective organization, management, and
evaluation of special education programs and
relates support activities.
* Master’s degree or higher from an accredited
college or university
* Valid State of Ohio Principal, Supervisor or
* OTES Evaluator Credential required
* OPES Evaluator Credential preferred.
* Meet all current health requirements including a
negative tuberculosis test.
* Evidence of a clear record as determined by
Bureau of Criminal Identification and
Investigation and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
* Evidence of educational and organizational
Wage or Salary: $89,300 – $105,500 including pickup on pickup of retirement Approximate Work Hours or Days: 40 hours per week
How to Apply:
mail application, resume and letter of interest to
Athens City Schools
Dr. Thomas, J. Gibbs, Superintendent
P.O. Box 9
Chauncey, OH 45719
or email Dr. Gibbs at – email@example.com
Posting End Date: 2021-04-30
You have come to the right place for what you need to know about available jobs, our fantastic local employers, and our great community!