Job Opportunities > Director of Student Services – Marion City Schools
Director of Student Services – Marion City Schools
- Promotes and plans staff development through work with staff development coordinator, Region 7 Support Team and other contacts.
- Oversees maintenance of student records and EMIS.
- Evaluates current programs and makes recommendations to the superintendent concerning the direction, realignment and reorganization of special education program.
- Oversees and maintains records, reports, and documentation related to funding.
- Represents the district at various community agency meetings.
- Supervises student services staff including school psychologists, intern psychologist(s), speech and language therapists, ESL staff, school social workers, nurses, related service personnel, special education preschool teachers, and secretaries.
- Coordinates and supervises purchased services including county services, health related services, and other related services provided to students.
- Works with building principals in evaluation of all special education programs and on observations/evaluations of both certified and non-certified staff.
- Supervises all activities related to the implementation of programs for students with disabilities, ages 3-22, in and out of the district to ensure compliance with Federal and State rules.
- Monitors student placement and IEP objectives. 2
- Administers special education services at private schools in the District to ensure compliance and monitor those schools outside of the district which our students attend.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of student services personnel.
- Develops and maintains procedures of process and placement of special education students.
- Establishes procedures for requisitioning, ordering, and paying for special education items.
- Keeps informed of all legal requirements governing special education.
- Coordinates home instruction program and supervise instructors.
- Supervises Kindergarten registration, early entrance testing, and kindergarten screening.
- Administers Federal Grant VI-B, preschool, immigrant, LED Title III
- Coordinates with treasurer preschool unit funding, SF 14, SF 14-H, home instruction funding, and other state and federal money; administer student services budget.
- Compiles, maintains, and files all legal and administrative reports and records. 21. Works cooperatively with superintendent and the administrative team.
- Acts as the Superintendent’s designee in all concerns related to student services. 23. Monitor attendance/suspension of special education students, Juvenile Court referrals and regulations.
- Administers program for student registration (i.e. Open Enrollment, complete child count for funding purposes and child find.)
- Approves all student services supplies, materials, text, and equipment.
- Administers Home School program.
- District representative to State Region VII Support Team, School Improvement Team, and delegated community team, (i.e. FAST; housing authority).
- Attends Board meetings and prepares such reports for the Board as assigned by the Superintendent.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Maintain appropriate licenses/endorsements and training hours as required.
- Comply with applicable District, state, local and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Adhere to all standards established by the Ohio Department of Education for Licensed Educators.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain knowledge of academic area, teaching methodology and strategies to engage students.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgement.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect for confidential information at all times.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Attends meetings, professional development and serves on staff committees as required.
- Interacts in a positive manner with staff, students and parents.
- Refer suspected cases of child abuse immediately to the appropriate child protective services/law enforcement agency as mandated by state law and Board of Education policy.
- Promote good public relations by personal appearance, attitude and conversation.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect district equipment, materials and facilities.
Education and/or Experience: Masters degree
Administrative license preferred
Work related experience in special education Knowledge of federal and state special education law
Ability to work with building administrators and administrative team
Experience with budgets.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret educational periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff and the general public.
Wage or Salary: Commensurate with experience Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260 Days
How to Apply:
How to Apply: External
If you are interested in being considered for this position you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 28, 2021. Follow links: District/Work at Marion City Schools/View All Open Positions in Consortium Districts/Sorted by District/Marion City Schools/Administration/Apply Job #14127/Login to existing account or if you do not have an account select Start to begin the process. If you have any questions please contact Adam Kunkle, Director of Human Capital, via email email@example.com.
Posting End Date: 2021-01-28