Job Opportunities > Early Childhood Literacy Supervisor – Marion City Schools
Early Childhood Literacy Supervisor – Marion City Schools
To help preschool professional staff learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to student development.
- Coordinate and support Marion City and community preschools.
- Coordinate, create and lead professional development for preschool staff.
- Coordinate preschool to kindergarten transition meetings, ETR meetings, and IEP meetings.
- CPI Trained.
- Meet and maintain preschool licensure standards.
- Maintain state and district required preschool data.
- Student referral process with outside agencies.
- Coordinate related service staff to serve preschool students.
- Monitor Step Up to Quality processes in district buildings.
- Design and promote relevant curriculum to prepare students to for K.
- Demonstrates a focus for student learning, with appropriate learning objectives that include measurable goal(s) for student learning aligned with the Ohio standards.
- Employs a variety of formal and informal assessment techniques to collect evidence of students’ knowledge and skills and analyzes data to effectively inform instructional planning and delivery.
- Plans and sequences instruction to include the important content, concepts, and processes in school and district curriculum priorities and in state standards.
- Demonstrates familiarity with adult learning modalities to apply when creating professional learning opportunities and professional growth and learning plans.
- Supports the learning needs of teachers, through a variety of strategies, materials, and/or pacing that make learning accessible and challenging for each teacher.
- Maintains positive rapport with all staff and demonstrates respect for and interest in all families served.
- Creates routines and procedures that run smoothly. Recognize when processes need adapted and changed and autonomously lead that process change.
- Provides substantive, specific, and timely feedback of teacher progress while maintaining confidentiality.
- Uses effective communication strategies with staff, students and families and works effectively with colleagues to examine problems of practice, analyze student work, and identify targeted strategies.
- Meets ethical and professional responsibilities with integrity and honesty. The administrator models and upholds district policies and state and federal regulations.
- Sets data-based short and long-term professional goals and takes action to meet these goals.
- Evaluate members of the preschool staff (i.e. Teachers, paras, speech therapists, etc.)
- Serve as a resource for preschool programs throughout the community
- Coordinate community agencies in the spirit of promoting literacy birth-5
- Serve on committee or boards throughout the community that support or promote literacy birth-5
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluates their job performance.
- Serves as district representative for IEP meetings as needed
- Prepares documents and reports data for the Ohio Department of Education for the purpose of providing written support conveying information and complying with federal and state regulations
- Manages fiscal resources from General fund and state/federal grants, prepares budgets and direct spending, monitors maintenance for the purpose of fiscal efficiency in providing required services
- In the absence of the Director of Student Services, can act as designee when needed( at superintendent discretion)
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the superintendent.
- Ensure the safety of students and staff.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Maintain appropriate licenses/endorsements and training hours as required.
- Comply with applicable District, state, local and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Adhere to all standards established by the Ohio Department of Education for Licensed Educators.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain knowledge of academic area, teaching methodology and strategies to engage students.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgement.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect for confidential information at all times.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Attends meetings, professional development and serves on staff committees as required.
- Interacts in a positive manner with staff, students and parents.
- Refer suspected cases of child abuse immediately to the appropriate child protective services/law enforcement agency as mandated by state law and Board of Education policy.
- Promote good public relations by personal appearance, attitude and conversation.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect district equipment, materials and facilities.
- Plans purposeful assignments for educational assistants (para-professionals), volunteers and student teachers.
Minimum of 5 years teaching experience, 3 years preschool experience (teaching or supervising). Administration experience in preschool or related elementary school areas.
Wage or Salary: Commensurate with experience Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260 Days
How to Apply:
How to Apply: External
If you are interested in being considered for this position you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21, 2021. Follow links: District/Work at Marion City/Apply at Marion City Schools/External Applicants View All Open Positions/Administration/Apply Job # 14669/Login into existing account or start new application. If you have any questions please contact Jen Sheridan via email email@example.com.
Posting End Date: 2021-04-21