1. Principals help create a shared vision and clear goals for their schools and ensure continuous progress toward achieving the goals.
2. Principals support the implementation of high-quality standards-based instruction that results in higher levels of achievement for all students.
3. Principals allocate resources and manage school operations in order to ensure a safe and productive learning environment.
4. Principals establish and sustain collaborative learning and shared leadership to promote student learning and achievement of all students.
5. Principals engage parents and community members in the educational process and create an environment where community resources support student learning, achievement and well-being.
A minimum of three years experience as a teacher or administrator.