Job Opportunities > High School Principal – Wadsworth City Schools
To assist the Superintendent by administering the assigned school in conformity with the philosophy and policies adopted by the local Board, the rules of the State Board of Education, the provisions of law, directives of the Superintendent and sound administrative practice.
* Identifies current and future educational requirements by establishing personal rapport with educators, parents, students, and other persons in a position to understand educational requirements; surveying operational and educational conditions; recommending and taking actions.
* Contributes to the school’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising superintendent on needed actions.
* Represents the school by preparing a strategy; collecting data; presenting information to the superintendent and at public hearings.
* Achieves school’s financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Maintains buildings, grounds, equipment, and supplies by developing maintenance programs; conserving resources.
* Develops an educational plan for the school by involving faculty, curriculum specialists, other resource personnel, parents, and students.
* Supports the educational plan by designing co- and extracurricular activities; using community resources.
* Maintains teaching staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training teachers.
* Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning teachers and support staff; following up on work results.
* Develops teachers by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
* Maintains teaching and support staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining teachers and support staff; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Protects teachers and students by maintaining a safe transportation system and educational environment; developing and enforcing rules of conduct.
* Resolves teacher/parent/student conflicts by collecting and analyzing information; mediating or arbitrating discussions.
* Provides educational information by developing communication strategies; answering questions and requests.
* Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job description attached.
Please direct questions to Steve Moore, email@example.com.
WCS is a Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Employer. The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information (collectively, “Protected Classes”), or any other legally protected category, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
Appropriate principal certification/licensure is required.
Wage or Salary: Salary Range: $119,796 – $136,290 Approximate Work Hours or Days: 40+
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply through clicking the attached link of going to the employment link on our website www.wadsworthschools.org
Posting End Date: 2021-08-01
You have come to the right place for what you need to know about available jobs, our fantastic local employers, and our great community!