Job Opportunities > High School Principal – Whitehall City Schools
High School Principal – Whitehall City Schools
- Establishes and maintains an effective learning climate in the school.
- Initiates designs, and implements programs to meet specific needs of the school.
- Keeps the superintendent informed of the school’s activities and concerns.
- Makes recommendations concerning the school’s administration and instruction.
- Prepares and administers the school budget and supervises school finances.
- Supervises the maintenance of all required building records and reports.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of reports, records, lists and all other paperwork required or appropriate to the school’s administration.
- Works with various members of the central administrative staff on school problems of more than in-school import, such as transportation and special services.
- Works with community and government agencies on problems relating to drug abuses and truancy from school.
- Interprets and enforces district policies and administrative regulations.
- Develops and implements building Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Maintains active relationships with students and parents.
- Budgets school time to provide for the efficient conducting of school instruction and business.
- Leads in the development, determination of appropriateness, and monitoring of the instructional program.
- Schedules classes within the established guidelines to meet student needs.
- Assists in the development, revision, and evaluation of the curriculum.
- Supervises the guidance program to enhance individual student education and development.
- Maintains high standards of student conduct and enforces discipline as necessary, according to due process rights of students.
- Establishes guidelines for proper student conduct and maintaining student discipline.
- Attends special events held to recognize student achievement, and attends school-sponsored activities, functions, and athletic events.
- Maintains and controls various local funds generated by student activities.
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate records on the progress and attendance of students.
- Assumes responsibility for the attendance, conduct, and maintenance of health of the students.
- Assumes responsibility for his or her own professional growth and development through membership and participation in the affairs of professional organizations; attendance at regional, state, and national meetings; and enrollment in advanced courses.
- Keeps abreast of changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals and other publications and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field.
- Selects and Supervises all professional, paraprofessional, administrative, and support personnel attached to the school.
- Supervises the school’s teaching process.
- Approves the master teaching schedule and any special assignments.
- Orients newly assigned staff members and assists in their development, as appropriate.
- Evaluates and counsels all staff members regarding their individual and group performance.
- Conducts meetings of the staff as necessary for the proper functioning of the school.
- Assists in the in-service orientation and training of teachers, with special responsibility for staff administrative procedures and instructions.
- Recommends, according to established procedures, the removal of a teacher whose work is unsatisfactory.
- Makes arrangements for special conferences between parents and teachers.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety and administration of the school plant.
- Supervises the daily use of the school facilities for both academic and nonacademic purposes.
- Plans and supervises safety drills, and the emergency preparedness program.
- Asserts leadership in times of civil disobedience in school in accordance with established Board policy.
- Provides for adequate inventories of school property and for the security and accountability for that property.
- Supervises all activities, programs and personnel that are outgrowths of the school’s curriculum.
- Supervises and evaluates the school’s extra curricular program.
- Participates in principals’ meetings, negotiations meetings, and such other meetings as are required or appropriate.
- Serves as ex officio member of all committees and councils within the school.
- Cooperates with college and university officials regarding teacher training and preparation.
- Responds to written and oral requests for information.
- Assumes responsibility for all official school correspondence and news releases to foster understanding and solicit support for overall school objectives and programs; interprets board policies and administrative directives; discusses and resolves individual student problems.
- Serves as a member of such committees and attends such meetings as directed by the superintendent.
- Delegates authority to responsible personnel in the absence of the principal.
- Valid Ohio certificate/licensure
- Master’s degree in Educational Administration
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
Salary and work year as established by the Board and terms of negotiated contract.
Wage or Salary: 85,000 to 126,305.00
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 40
How to Apply:
Posting End Date: 2021-05-03