Job Opportunities > Human Resource Director – Upper Sandusky Exempted Village Schools
Job Opening Information:
School District / Company: Upper Sandusky Exempted Village Schools
Address: 800 N. Sandusky Ave., Suite A
Address Line 2:
City: Upper Sandusky
Zip Code: 43351
Position Title: Human Resource Director
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Start Date: 2022-12-21
• Develop and maintain an employee handbook, staff directory, and organizational charts.
• Assist with recruitment planning, college, and job fair visitation.
• Develop and post job announcements for certified and classified staff.
• Attend and participate in meetings with school administration, staff, and board of education as requested.
• Assist Treasurer’s Office with contract information and time sheets as requested by payroll.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations including but not limited to ADA, EEOC, Affirmative Action, BWC, FMLA Administration, Title IX, ODE licensure standards.
• District Title IX coordinator
• In conjunction with the superintendent, ensure employee compliance with policy, procedure, and the disciplinary process.
• Maintain required records and reports, including teacher licensure, required professional development (LPDC committee), and in-service training.
• Coordinate Resident Educator program, including working with district administrators to selection and assign mentors and facilitators.
• Maintain all employee personnel files.
• Oversee interviewing, hiring, new employee orientation, termination, and processing of all required pre and post-employment paperwork.
• Act as the point of contact and benefits administrator for all staff for insurance and related benefits/programs.
• Participate in union meetings and contract negotiations as requested.
• Verify candidate education, credentials and licensure including, reference checks, background checks, and other ODE requirements (ODE CORE portal).
• Coordinate and oversee resident educator program in the district.
• Prepare contracts and board of education agenda items related to employment and personnel.
• Maintain district volunteer records and background check requirements.
• Maintain district substitute teacher lists.
• Coordinate public records requests.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field or five years equivalent experience in human resources, education, public administration, or management.
Experience, training, and knowledge in human resource functions. General knowledge of the principle and practices of personnel administration; knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management; knowledge of public school environment and operations of administrative programs; ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments; ability to apply and adapt practices and techniques to the special requirements of senior management; ability to maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
Wage or Salary: Salary rate as determined by placement on the established pay structure.
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260-day contract, 40 Hrs. per week.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and resume to the Superintendent at email@example.com
Posting End Date: 2023-01-23
You have come to the right place for what you need to know about available jobs, our fantastic local employers, and our great community!