Job Opportunities > Innovation Lab Teacher – Buckeye Valley Local Schools
Innovation Lab Teacher – Buckeye Valley Local Schools
- Creates an environment of curiosity, creativity, and innovation in learning for all students.
- Plans innovative and novel lessons to assigned classes.
- Develops an interest in project-based learning and an understanding of STEM principles.
- Maintains an entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, initiative and desire to work collaboratively with colleagues and students.
- Delivers STEM related instruction through project-based learning methods.
- Employs a wide variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, which guides the learning process in the STEM environment.
- Uses technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration.
- Works directly with school administrators and staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of STEM initiatives and curriculum.
- Organizes, develops, and coordinates STEM events/activities.
- Attends professional development and training related to STEM programs and methodologies, staying abreast of current research.
- If requested, offers professional learning on STEM initiatives and instructional best practices in STEM
- Initiates new programs that support the STEM vision and are aligned to the District’s Strategic Plan.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Develops safety and maintenance systems and guidelines for teachers and students. ● Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, and materials.
- Creates and maintains a culture of respect for lab and tools.
- Keeps informed of and complies with state, district, and school regulations and policies for educators.
- If requested, shares STEM events and activities through Buckeye Valley social media accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assists with inventory.
- Performs other such duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university ● 3 years of math/science classroom teaching experience ● Alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board of Education may find appropriate
Wage or Salary: To be determined and commensurate with experience Approximate Work Hours or Days: 188 days
How to Apply:
Go to buckeyevalley.k12.oh.us and click on the “About BV” tab and select employment.
Posting End Date: 2022-06-01