Job Opportunities > Middle School Principal – Union-Scioto Local School District
Middle School Principal – Union-Scioto Local School District
- Administer the educational programs in accordance with district policies and administrative guidelines, Operating Standards for Ohio Schools, and the provisions of State and Federal law.*
- Maintain records as required by law, district policy, and administrative guidelines.*
- Administer district policies and administrative guidelines for student attendance and conduct.*
- Maintain organization, control of student behavior and discipline, and a positive learning environment.*
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, staff, equipment, materials, and facilities.*
- Allocate resources and manage school operations to provide a safe and productive learning environment*
- Assign, supervise, evaluate, and make employment recommendations for all instructional and support personnel assigned to the building.*
- Coordinate the schedules, duties, and responsibilities of assistant principals, other administrators, supervisors, and specialists assigned to the building.*
- Promote appropriate professional development programs and orientation/training for building staff.*
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Superintendent
- Valid Ohio Principal’s license.
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Successful experience as a teacher, supervisor, and/or administrator.
- Knowledge of Ohio School Law.
- Proficiency in computer skills and knowledge of applications necessary to access timely and relevant information and be able to disseminate the same.
- Exceptional attendance record.
- Additional qualifications as the Board of Education may require
Wage or Salary: Negotiable
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 220 day contract
How to Apply:
Applicant should submit cover letter with resume, references, license information and any endorsements to Matt Thornsberry, Superintendent via email firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1565 Egypt Pike Rd, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601. Job will remain open until filled.
Posting End Date: 2021-06-30