Job Opportunities > Server Systems Coordinator – Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools
Server Systems Coordinator – Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools
SUMMARY: The Server Systems Coordinator is responsible for the planning, implementation and maintenance of the District’s server-based systems, including user directories, mobile device management, imaging and software distribution. The Server Systems Coordinator will work directly with administration, teachers and students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates sound judgement and emotional stability.
- Maintains a positive attitude and works well with others.
- Ensures the safety of students.
- Interacts with staff, students and the community in a positive and respectful manner.
- Plans, designs and implements district-wide server-based systems to facilitate growth and establish foundations for new systems.
- Evaluates and installs patches and resolves related problems.
- Automates as many maintenance tasks as possible.
- Maintains inventory of all District server and storage hardware and software.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise with the District’s server and storage infrastructure.
- Maintains open communication to the technology team regarding adds, moves and changes to systems.
- Monitors/maintains virtual server and storage environment performance information.
- Possesses considerable knowledge of various systems best practices and implementations.
- Proactively manages and monitors the health of the server environment and all sub systems.
- Recognizes and communicates new developments in information systems technology, and anticipates implication to District operations.
- Plans for disaster recovery of all operations relative to the serve infrastructure.
- Ensures the security and selective hardening of the District’s technology systems while simultaneously preserving the primary mission of K-12 education.
- Helps identify and execute efficiencies in process and implementation of District systems.
- Systematically documents all operations relative to network management.
- Maintains professional and technical certifications required to support daily operations, and actively engages in lifelong learning in this dynamic field.
- Manages and maintains the District’s video surveillance system.
- Manages and maintains the District’s switching and routing infrastructure.
- Assists with the maintenance and troubleshooting of wireless networks.
- Assists with the programming and maintenance of the District’s access security system.
- Maintains a positive relationship with vendors.
- Position may require occasional work outside of normal business hours.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with computer systems desirable.
- A minimum of five years of experience working with enterprise level systems (VMware ESXI, server hardware, SANs, directory structures).
- Experience in educational organizations is preferred.
Wage or Salary: $67,375 – $84,141
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 40
How to Apply:
Posting End Date: 2024-03-31