Job Opportunities > Springfield Middle School Assistant Principal – Curriculum – Springfield Local Schools
Springfield Middle School Assistant Principal – Curriculum – Springfield Local Schools
- Responsible for school discipline and carries out school policy regarding demerits and suspensions.
- Holds parent conferences regarding student discipline, attendance problems, and other classroom issues.
- Formulates and implements student attendance procedures in accordance with state laws.
- Coordinates the in-school suspension program.
- Coordinates the duties and assignments of the school resource officers.
- Assists with school climate initiatives 7. Assigns student lockers and monitors their use.
- Assists with curriculum issues and professional development.
- Conducts teacher observations and evaluations.
- Participates on a regular basis in team (house) meetings.
- Revises and publishes the student handbook.
- Assists in the development of the master schedule.
- Orients new teachers to district/school policies and procedures.
- Assists athletic director with supervision of events and other athletic duties assigned by principal.
- Participates in various school and district committees.
- Promotes good public relations with the community.
- Attends as many school functions as possible.
- Communicates as needed with all staff to ensure a team approach to problem solving.
- Helps maintain safety and security in the building.
- Accesses and responds to electronic communication (i.e. website, email, voicemail, etc.) daily.
Prior related work experience required and above average evaluations.
Wage or Salary:
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 205 Work Days
How to Apply:
Go to www.springfield-schools.org and click the employment link.
Posting End Date: 2021-05-13