Job Opportunities > Superintendent – Mt. Gilead Exempted Village Schools
Superintendent – Mt. Gilead Exempted Village Schools
Vacancy: Superintendent Mount Gilead Exempted Village School District
Application Deadline: January 8, 2021
Position Start Date: August 1, 2021(or sooner if possible)
Anticipated Salary Base Range: $115,000 – $140,000
District Type: Rural, Agricultural
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
District Website: https://www.mtgilead.k12.oh.us
LEADERSHIP CRITERIA: The Mount Gilead Exempted Village School District is encouraging administrators who are dedicated to educational excellence to apply for this position. Candidates must possess certain leadership characteristics, skills and abilities that are considered critical to the position of superintendent.
- Articulate, straightforward communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work tactfully;
- Ability to instill trust in the community and at all staff levels;
- Willingness to become an active and contributing member of the school community and be comfortable with high visibility and accessibility;
- Decisive educational leader with a strong background in student achievement who, after considering staff and community input, can make and defend decisions in a positive manner;
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills to maintain a strategic direction;
- Strong spokesperson who can publicly celebrate and market the successes of the school district;
- Chief executive who will keep the Board fully informed and current with matters about the schools; one who will forge a strong partnership based on mutual trust and respect;
- Visionary and innovative skills along with an ability to produce short and long-range plans for ongoing improvement;
- Educational team leader who can develop, supervise and support teaching and administrative talent, who inspires high performance standards with accountability, and finds satisfaction in the success of others.
- Successful experience as a Superintendent is desirable and preferred, but not required.
Nominations and applications by qualified candidates are encouraged. Please submit:
- A letter emphasizing qualifications and reasons for interest.
- A completed application from, which can be obtained upon request at:
- K-12 Business Consulting website or the Mount Gilead EV School District website
Phone: 614-769-1211(Kathy Lowery) OR 614-425-3974(Tom Ash)
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up-to-date resume.
- A copy of current Ohio Superintendent Certificate/License or evidence that one is obtainable.
- Credentials and transcripts.
- List three references who can speak to the candidate’s qualifications/work experiences.
Send all applications and materials if by mail to:
K-12 Business Consulting
“Mount Gilead Local Schools Superintendent Search”
P.O. Box 476
New Albany, Ohio 43054
If by email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org