Job Opportunities > Superintendent of Schools – Shade-Central City School District
|School District / Company
|Shade-Central City School District
|203 Mcgregor Avenue
|Superintendent of Schools – Shade-Central City School District
|Number of Openings
|Administrative – Superintendent of Schools
|The following attributes were the top selected characteristics the board is seeking in their next superintendent:
– Possess insight and experience to identify current, relevant and forward-thinking best practices in education that align with the mission, vision and philosophy of the school district, while equipping students with the necessary skills for future education or employment.
– Assess areas of district improvement in all support service areas, and then oversee major district initiatives – both educationally and operationally – and address the challenges, issues and needs inherent in such projects.
– Speak knowledgeably on general aspects of school district budgeting and know where to go for advice and assistance; describe how to supervise purchasing, payroll and other fiscal matters.
– Oversee districtwide technology infrastructure for the enhancement of student learning and efficient district operations.
– Encourage a collaborative environment of close cooperation between parents, teachers and other school district staff.
– Confidently evaluate and reorganize staff, revise procedures, and implement policy changes to improve efficiency.
– Participate in staff and community decision-making; use participatory decision-making processes where appropriate.
– Provide recommendations for the board and accept and implement board directives while also supporting annual areas of focus and initiatives adopted by the board.
– Demonstrate skills in supervising employees at all levels and in developing programs for staff evaluation and corrective action plans, new staff orientation, and staff recruitment.
– Exhibit a strong commitment to continuous improvement for teachers and administrators.
Interested candidates will need to provide a signed cover letter, two-page resume, Application, PA letter of eligibility, Act 24 clearance, current Act 34 and Act 151 clearances and FBI fingerprints (dated within 1 year). Sealed university transcripts will need to be ordered and mailed to PSBA Member Services, attention, Noah Showers, 400 Bent Creek Blvd, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050.
|PA letter of eligibility
|Wage or Salary
|Salary is negotiable and will be competitive, based on training and experience, qualifications and meeting board criteria including but not limited to the skills listed above.
|Approximate Work Hours or Days
|How to Apply
|To complete the application process and upload required documents go to PSBA’s Career Gateway at https://edcareergateway.com and begin by creating a profile. Career Gateway questions can be directed to Noah Showers at 717-506-2450 ext. 3419 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents required by March 4, 2024, to assure a review by the Board are cover letter, resume and application. All other required documents must be submitted or “in process”. EOE
|Posting End Date
You have come to the right place for what you need to know about available jobs, our fantastic local employers, and our great community!