Job Opportunities > Superintendent – Ridgedale Local School District
Superintendent – Ridgedale Local School District
Vacancy: Superintendent Ridgedale Local School District
Application Deadline: January 19, 2022
Position Start Date: August 1, 2022
Anticipated Salary Base Range: $120,000 – $135,000
District Type: Rural, Agricultural
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
District Website: www.ridgedale.k12.oh.us/
LEADERSHIP CRITERIA: The Ridgedale Local Board of Education has identified the following qualifications as having particular importance for the position of superintendent. The ideal candidate must be committed to the highest personal and professional standards and exhibit leadership in the district and community. The Superintendent must maintain integrity and high standards of ethics in all matters. Among other attributes sought, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following major characteristics:
- A leader who is skilled at team building who will work with the Board, administration and staff to build buy in for district improvement; and someone who can publicly celebrate and market the successes of the school district;
- A person with excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills to maintain a strategic direction;
- A leader who will keep the Board fully informed and current with matters about the schools and one who will forge a strong partnership based on collaboration, mutual trust, and respect;
- Decisive educational leader with a strong background in student achievement who, after considering staff and community input, can make and defend decisions in a positive manner;
- An individual with visionary and innovative skills along with an ability to produce short- and long-range plans for ongoing improvement;
- Articulate, straightforward communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work tactfully with board members, administrators, staff, students, parents, community, and elected state officials;
- A leader who is visible in school buildings and the community and who will instill trust in the community and at all staff levels;
- A person willing to become an active and contributing member of the school community and be comfortable with high visibility and accessibility by staff, parents, and community members;
- Educational team leader who is able to develop, supervise, and support teaching and administrative talent, inspire high performance standards with accountability, and find satisfaction in the success of others.
- Successful experience as a Superintendent is desirable and preferred, but not required.
Nominations and applications by qualified candidates are encouraged. Please submit:
- A letter emphasizing qualifications and reasons for interest.
- A completed application from, which can be obtained upon request at:
K-12 Business Consulting website or the Ridgedale Local School District website
Phone 614-425-3974 (Tom Ash) OR 614-774-2740 (Dustin Miller)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- An up-to-date resume.
- A copy of current Ohio Superintendent Certificate/License or evidence that one is obtainable.
- Credentials and transcripts.
- List of three references who can speak to the candidate’s qualifications/work experiences.
Send all applications and materials if by mail to:
K-12 Business Consulting
“Ridgedale Local Schools Superintendent Search”
P.O. Box 476
New Albany, Ohio 43054
If by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com