Job Opportunities > Supervisor of Public Personnel – Bedford City Schools
-Directs programs that reflect the specific needs of the student population.
-Articulates a clear philosophy and shared vision of learning. Promotes close working relationships with all stakeholders.
-Participates as an active member of the district leadership team.
-Upholds board policies and follows administrative guidelines/procedures.
-Promotes a professional image of the school district.
-Assist in the analysis of data to improve school operations.
-Works with the Executive Director of Human Capital, Equity, and Inclusion to develop the departmental One Plan as well as progress monitor implementation of action steps and strategies to achieve department and district-wide goals.
– Serves as a change agent to move the district forward by implementing strategies, timelines, and clear goals and objectives that fosters positive initiatives for growth and change in the district.
– Administers the board-approved budget for assigned areas of responsibility. Works with the Executive Director of Human Capital, Equity and Inclusion to approve the purchase or supplies and equipment for students we serve.
– Ensures that program resources are equitably apportioned.
– Works with coordinators to plan, procure, and manage contracted services contracts related to assigned programs.
– Prepares office financial data for the Executive Director and Board Treasurer that supports and justifies the use of funds for the department.
– Responsible for overseeing and monitoring Section 504 Plans.
– Oversees the BEAR Program in collaboration with the Department of School & Community Relations
– Oversees the work of the Compliance Officer and Parent Liaison.
– Serves as the liaison between the Special Education Board Attorney and the Department when necessary.
– Responsible for services in collaboration with the Executive Director of School & Community Relations related to nursing services.
– Review and update local student services policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures as needed.
– Oversees the Hearing Officer for all disciplinary appeal hearings and expulsion.
– Approves all requests for home instruction and follows all directives mandated by the state as it relates to education students via IDEA and 504 guidelines.
– Supervises the Coordinator of Information Services for all assigned responsibilities such as EMIS/DASL and School Messenger (SIS).
– Serves as one of the district Civil Rights Compliance Officers.
– Perform related work as required
– A master’s degree or higher, from an accredited college or university with specific emphasis in school administration, special education, or pupil services.
– A valid Ohio Administrative license. A valid Ohio license to practice as a Director of Pupil Services
– Superintendent’s license required to serve as the district compliance and student hearing officer
– Valid and Current Ohio Teaching, and/or Specialist Licensure
– Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the field of special education or student support services required
– Minimum of 3-5 years of successful administrative experience required.
– 3-5 years of experience with CCIP budgeting.
– Experience in successfully completing a corrective action plan and/or developing such a plan.
– Demonstrates excellent organizational skills as well as consistent follow through and time management skills.
– Promotes the district’s vision and mission. Works to be a team player and creative problem solver.
– Stays up-to-date with current information pertinent to the specific job.
– Maintains a professional appearance in dress, speech and actions. Respects the rights of others and respects the privacy of others, as well as maintaining confidentiality of privileged information.
– Displays outstanding communication skills in oral, written and electronic media.
– Demonstrates long-range and short-term planning skills.
– Demonstrates the ability to create a productive working environment by establishing positive relationships with staff, parents and students.
Wage or Salary: Based on experience
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 230 days
How to Apply:
At the following link:
Posting End Date: 2023-03-15
You have come to the right place for what you need to know about available jobs, our fantastic local employers, and our great community!