Job Opportunities > Supervisor of Transportation – Newark City Schools
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
1) Establish, revise correct and alter bus routing to reflect efficiency and service to students for daily transportation.
2) Perform as supervisor to all bus drivers and substitutes and explain duties to drivers.
3) Instruct drivers in safety and good driving habits.
4) Maintain and establish a list of substitute drivers and call same as required to maintain bus schedules.
5) Communicate verbally or in writing with those persons necessary to operate the transportation program (i.e. school administrators, parents, students and teachers).
6) Establish a routine of checking buses for various safety features and safety equipment.
7) As required, check drivers in the field.
8) Perform driving duties in emergencies or as required to maintain schedules.
9) Maintain records and reports as directed and/or required by law. Furnish report information as requested by the Director of Classified Personnel and Support Services.
10) Maintain garage, tools, supplies, records and sundry items in a neat and orderly manner.
11) Maintain a neat and orderly appearance in area surrounding garage and parking areas.
12) Maintain inventory records of supplies and supply levels which are kept or stored in garage.
13) Keep abreast of school transportation rules, regulations and changes as issued from various departments of the State of Ohio
14) Establish schedules for preventive maintenance to fleet of buses and schedule work for completion.
15) Perform repairs within scope of ability and/or equipment available to bus bodies, engines, and tires.
16) Analyze repairs that are required and schedule for completion upon approval.
supervisor experience recommended but not required. Must be willing to get school bus endorsement.
Wage or Salary: negotiable
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260 days 8 hours
How to Apply:
Please send resume and letter to Mark Shively via email to email@example.com
Posting End Date: 2022-07-05
You have come to the right place for what you need to know about available jobs, our fantastic local employers, and our great community!