- Staff liaison to the General Assembly, state department of education, and various state commissions and agencies
- Representation by Regional Education Advocates
- Testimony at House and Senate hearings at the state level
- Regular updates through the Legislative Report
- Opportunities for involvement on BASA Legislative Committee
- Development of legislative positions on education-related issues
- Representation on the Education Coalition
- Representation at the federal level through the American Association of School Administrators
- Exemplary Leadership Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- President’s Award
- Leadership in Education Award
- Years-of-Service Recognition
- Ohio Superintendent of the Year Award
- John G. Hauck Scholarship Award
- Conflict intervention
- Contract consultation
- Legal assistance fund
- Legal counsel
- Information retrieval
- Superintendent/board relations
- On-site assistance in school finance
- Technology consultation
- School levy and bond issue consultation through the Powerhouse Schools League
Professional Development Opportunities
- Earn CEU or graduate credit for attending BASA conferences and seminars.
- Conference topics include: legal issues, school finance, instructional leadership, school construction, retirement planning, beginning superintendents, strategic planning and technology. Numerous seminars address current, critical education issues.
- Ohio School Leadership Institute provides leadership development for selected superintendents. This intensive program is cosponsored with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Contract preparation and review
- Evaluation of references and credentials
- Resume review and preparation
- Interview preparation
- Job vacancy listings
- Out-of-state certification information
- Adminiscope reports association activities.
- Legislative Report summarizes legislative issues and analyzes bills.
- On Advice of Counsel addresses legal concerns in education.
- Job Bulletin lists superintendent vacancies.
- School Finance discusses Ohio school finance issues. (Available by subscription.)
- Monographs address timely issues.
- Lending library contains materials on education topics.
- Resource manuals are available for purchase.
- Executive Committee positions include directors to represent each of the 10 geographic regions of Ohio, one member appointed at-large, president-elect, president and past president.
- Standing Committees include Legislative, State Department, Instructional Leadership, Insurance, Membership, Professional
- Growth & Development, Public Relations & Communications, Professional Rights & Responsibilities, Capital Conference, Constitution & Bylaws.
- Ad Hoc Committees are appointed as needed.